I have been writing this blog just in Slovak to share my adventures with my family and friends at home but since my friends in the States aren’t with me right now and unfortunately can’t travel with me, I want them to know what’s going on, too. So that’s for you guys ;) From now on, this blog’s gonna be bilingual ;)
Mathias, Hana’s boyfriend came to the States to travel with me and we finally got „on the road“ on Sunday (June 29). First we headed north, had breakfast at the Bunnery in Jackson ;) and checked out the Tetons – we hiked around Jenny Lake to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point. Yellowstone was the next stop - Old Faithful and Geyser Hill first. It was kind of funny to see hundreds of people waiting for water to splash out of the ground :) Then we went to Upper and Lower Falls, took Uncle Tom’s Trail – 328 steps down to the fall that we then had to climb back up... We also saw the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Thanks for the advice Matt!
Than we turned west and headed towards Seattle. We drove through Montana and camped by Coeur d’Alene in Idaho, and walked around the town and lake. We found a great local bakery, their T-shirts said: „Eat more bread“ That’s my motto! We reached Tacoma on Thursday evening and spend July 4th in Seattle. We got up the Space Needle, walked the waterfront, then to Pikes Place Market, Pioneer Square and China town. Then we watched the fireworks from the pier.
On Saturday, we went to Vancouver, BC. It was raining in the morning but then the weather got better during the day. We walked around the city and park. Vancouver looked like a mixture of the US and Europe - it reminded me of both. I was a little worried if they let me back to the States but it was all right, I’m back ;)
Mt. Rainier NP was our next stop. It was amazing! As we came in, it was really foggy, the clouds were sitting on the mountains so the only thing we saw at the Sunrise Point was the sign telling us what we are supposed to see :D However, as we hiked to Frozen Lake we got above the clouds and it was BEAUTIFUL. I felt at home J Just gotta love the mountains. The other day I saw a sign saying „One day at the beach is worth a month in town“, I think it totally applies to the mountains, too.
Check out pics in my web album!

No comments:
Post a Comment